VeryUnmarried is looking for an ambitious and creative intern for an Editorial internship. VeryUnmarried is a singles lifestyle magazine. We provide singles with daily dating, relationship, sex, and fashion advice along with celebrity news and interviews via CelebrityLove.
We are looking for someone to assist us with managing the editorial calendar as well as content curation.
- Organize and curate content for VeryUnmarried.com
- Write for and edit Dating and Relationship columns
- Manage social media presence and increase user engagement
- Pitch and research ideas for publishing
- Manage editorial calendar
We are looking for someone with the following skills:
- Have a charismatic attitude;
- Self starter who can take direction and work independently;
- Excellent at creative storytelling with a clear and distinctive voice;
- Familiarity with the African-American or Hispanic/Latin cultures a plus;
- Natural interest in lifestyle trends;
- Experience in journalism, blogging or public relations;
- Excellent at spelling, grammar and syntax;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights and/or weekends if necessary; and
- Be technically savvy.
If you’re interested in applying, please send your resume, cover letter, and writing samples or links to your portfolio/website, to email@example.com. Please also share any relevant social media accounts, such as your Twitter page. Please be able to start ASAP.
Location: Pasadena, CA
Hours: 16 hours per week
Pay: Non-paid, School Credit